A REVIEW ON DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF STABILITY INDICATING HPLC METHODS FOR ANALYSIS OF ACIDIC DRUGS
Keywords:High-performance liquid chromatography, Acidic drugs, Stability indicating method development and validation
High-performance liquid chromatography is one of the fastest, safest and precise technology used for determination and separation of pharmaceutical drugs, impurities and biological samples. High-performance liquid chromatography is versatile and it takes less time for quantification of drugs as compared to old liquid chromatography techniques. This article reviews stability indicating HPLC method developed and validated for acidic drugs and their degradation studies.
2. Malviya R, Bansal V, Pal OP, Sharma PK. High-performance liquid chromatography: a short review. JGPT 2010;2:22-6.
3. Kazakevich YV. HPLC method development for pharmaceuticals. Sep Sci Technol 2007;8:13–44.
4. Bhardwaj SK, Dwivedi K, Agarwal DD, Analytical S. A review on analytical method development and validation. Int J Appl Pharm 2018;10:8-15.
5. Azim Md Sabir, Mitra Moloy, Bhasin Parminder S. HPLC method development and validation. Int Res J Pharm 2015;5:76–81.
6. Jimidar MI, De Smet M. HPLC method development for pharmaceuticals; 2007.
7. Snyder LR, Glajch JL, Kirkland JJ. Practical HPLC method development. Vol. 2nd ed.; 1997.
8. Foey’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry by Thomas L Lemke, David A Williams, Victoria F Roche, S William Zito. 7th edition; 2008. p. 1377.
9. Musmade A, Jain H, Prajapati R. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for analysis of acylovir in API and in the pharmaceutical dosage form. World J Pharm Res 2015;4:1043-52.
10. V Rama Krishna, K Bala Murali Krishna, B Hari babu. Development and validation of liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous estimation of levodopa, carbidopa and entacapone in combined dosage form. J Pharm Res 2014;8:281-8.
11. Sarif Niroush Konari, Jane T Jacob. Stability indicating LC-analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of flucloxacillin and amoxicillin in the pharmaceutical dosage form. J Taibah University Sci 2015;9:167-76.
12. Jogi K, Mandava Rao MB, Rundraraju Ramesh Raju. Development and validation stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the estimation of methotrexate and folic acid in bulk and tablet dosage form. Int J Eng Technol Sci Res 2016;10:2394-3386.
13. Talath S, Dhaneshwer S. Validated stability-indicating RP-HPLC method for the determination of salicylic acid. Am J PharmTech Res 2017;7:232-49.
14. Ram VR, Dave PN, Joshi HS. Development and validation of stability indicating HPLC assay method for simultaneous determination of spironolactone and furosemide in tablet formulation. J Chromatogr Sci 2012;50;721-6.
15. Md Sarowar Jahan, Md Jahirul Islam, Rehana Begum, Kayesh R, Rahman A. A study of method development validation and forced degradation for simultaneous quantification of paracetamol and ibuprofen in pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC method. Anal Chem Insights 2014;9:75-81.
16. Jogi K, Rao MB, Rundraraju Ramesh Raju RR. Development and validation stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the estimation of methotrexate and folic acid in bulk and tablet dosage form. Int J Eng Technol Sci Res 2016;3:2394-3386.
17. Mhatre PR, Gatkal SH, Chopade VV, Chaoudhari PD. Development and validation of stability indicating HPLC assay method for determination of phenobarbitone in bulk drug and tablet formulation. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013;4:1820-6.
18. Siew Yong Teo, Michael J Rathbone, Allan GA Coombes, Siang Yin Lee, Seng Neon Gan. Development and validation of a stability-indicating isocratic reverse phase-liquid chromatography assay for determination of phenytoin in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;7:258-63.